This 8-hour block is a continuation of our Shotgun Program. Based on the fundamentals learned in our Basic Shotgun Class the Intermediate Class focuses the shooter to the goal of working the shotgun and support gear at speed. The drills will be “performance based” to increase the shooter’s knowledge, competence and confidence with his shotgun. The drills will encompass rapid movement and other physical activity to push the shooter to perform under timed “stress”. Gear Requirements Equipment Requirements The conduct of this course requires that each shooter have a set of equipment to train with. It is important that all equipment is quality equipment designed to be used in the manner prescribed. (Note- High priced gear doesn’t always mean high quality gear).
- Shotguns need to be quality firearms; equipped with sights; bead, rifle style or a red dot are acceptable. The class will have no time and material to fix broken shotguns.
- Either pump action or semi-auto shotguns are acceptable but no single or double barrel shotguns will be allowed.
- Equipment needs to be in good mechanical shape, functional and present, don’t leave it at home.
- Shotgun- 20 gauge or 12 gauge (other gauges, please check with us) in good mechanical condition. If you are purchasing a shotgun prior to this course, check with us for some advice on your options.
- Shell holders/Shell pouches- some type of shell carrier that can carry at a minimum of two to five shells, more is better. Weapon mounted shell holders are fine but a body worn shell carrier is also recommended.
- Slings- Your shotgun should be equipped with an easy to adjust tactical sling but a hunting style will be adequate for this class.
If you are purchasing a sling or other accessories prior to this course, check with us.
- Ammunition Requirements – factory loaded quality ammunition.
-75 rounds of #6, #7 or #8 birdshot -40 rounds of 00 buckshot -20 rounds of slugs
- Ear/Eye Protection
- Hat with bill
- Collared shirt (or crew necked t-shirt)
- Long pants
- Shoes that support the ankles